LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:54 pm 

Having arrived at ASDA this evening and found overnight the price had gone up 4p, after going up 4p in the previous 2 weeks, I decided to complain.

I phoned ASDA House and got put through to the Fuel Services Team, who were very friendly and sympathetic. They put me on hold and came back and gave me the usual 'the suppliers set the price but we try to be the lowest'.

Anyway, I told them fair enough, but I think ASDA should be doing more to keep the prices down and I'd like to know how they represent my interests in that respect, after all prices have just gone up 10%, so they said they would contact the Fuel Trading team and get a more detailed response and email me. Now fair play to ASDA, they are always the cheapest, and therefore get all my business, but nonetheless, I'm sick of the prices and some anonymous third party always getting the blame.

So if you're fed up of the sudden increases, and use ASDA, give them a call and register your dissatisfaction. If in a week 10 people phone up, someone in the company might just take notice (having work in call centres in the past, you'd be amazed at how few people actually complain relative to the amount of customers, therefore 10 could actually represent a 1000% increase for that complaint type!)

I don't buy the whole 'cold weather' nonsense this year. It's been mild in the UK all winter and although Europe did have a cold spell, it's nothing like last year and we're now in March.

Go on - be a devil and take a stand!!

0113 243 5435 - they were very friendly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:07 pm 
Intermediate Member

The British make a stand, I can't see it. It's either OTT rioting or moaning , that's our bag.
Who knows though, a phone call could be the start. Then you and myself could be traced back as starting unrest weeks down the line.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:34 pm 

lol

The way I look at it is that ASDA is the most competitive for LPG, but as soon as they lose that advantage, they lose business.

I can't be the only one who stops using ASDA the minute Shell is cheaper (which happened recently for a time). If we all do that, the ASDA Petrol Trading team must see huge differences in sales volumes.

And I always wonder why no-one in BP wakes up and wonders why they sell so little LPG. I NEVER buy there as it's always 10p a litre more. And again, I can't be the only one.

:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

well my asda is 10ppl cheaper than the nearest shell so im happy :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 pm 
Advanced Member

No ASDA selling LPG around here so I can't chip in with my tuppence worth. I have noticed that over the years it seems as though Shell and BP take it in turns to be the cheapest. BP were the most expensive by quite a margin but in the last week or so since prices shot up everywhere, I've noticed that Shell seem to have gone up by more. One Shell garage that was the cheapest for miles for a main road filling station has gone from 69.9 to 80.9 whereas the BP a few miles down the road has gone from 71.9 to 75.9.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:41 pm 

John - That's my point exactly. You'll always feel happy because you think you're getting a good deal which you only are when compared to a more expensive supplier.

The reality is that LPG has gone up 8p a litre in 3 weeks. Petrol has only gone up 2 or 3p. If you do 12k a year on a V6, that's over £150 a year more, never mind the fuel duty increases that are likely to happen this year along with road tax and the inevitable fleecing from insurance companies.

Still happy? ;)

Maybe I'm more upset because i do 25k+ and on a twin turbo V6, but as another supermarket says - Every little helps!

Gilbertd - can you imagine the moan-riots if petrol jumped 11p like that?! gawd!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:46 pm 

I wish my nearby ADSA or Morisons stores with fuel forecourts would sell LPG to bring some much needed competition to my area. my local Flowgas just put there price up this week from 74p to 83p. My shell was 75.9p a month ago now 85.9 p. Got an Esso at 87.9 now.

The one bizarre place it was a texco last year, now a total, was 80.9p but dropped it to 77.9 a couple of weeks back. gonna tank up there and keep my tank full until the price goes up. It probably will very soon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:36 pm 

all ready lost 2 customers this week all about rising lpg prices :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:31 pm 
Advanced Member

Why? Petrol and diesel are going up too.

Just explain to them that all fuel goes up with the cost of oil, but fuel duties are a percentage so any increase in fuel duty will cause petrol and diesel to go up more than LPG.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.