LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:04 am 

Just a quick look on the filllpg site and so many US.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:36 pm 

There doesnt seem to be a shortage in Birmingham

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:10 pm 
Advanced Member

I filled up at my local Flogas depot last week and asked them what was going on. There was an explosion at a refinery in Austria just before Christmas which has reduced supply. They reckon that wouldn't normally be a problem but with the cold weather they are flat out delivering to household customers using LPG for heating which they are obliged to treat as a priority. It wouldn't look good if pensioners started dying of hypothermia as they had no heating because the drivers are spending all their time at filling stations just so we can run around in our motors on cheap fuel. The guy there said that although filling a bulk tank is quicker than using the pump at a filling station, it still isn't quick so when they have multiple domestic customers and limits on their driving hours, the punter takes priority.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:35 pm 

In east Kent its not only hard to find LPG, those that have a supply are grossly overcharging at 79.9 per litre...............rip off

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:41 pm 

Anyone know of any near Greater London, got bored phoning around the Shell and BP stations, one blokey gave a light hearted giggle at my inquiry if they had any LPG.
Asking for the Moon on a stick, clearly.

This isn't good I'll have to drive more gently, which really isn't my way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:39 pm 
Advanced Member

Have a look at the map on www.filllpg.co.uk and zoom in on London. Quite a few are shown as out but there are some that have supplies. Depends which side of London you are in.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:13 pm 

Ah, didn't see the interactive map, cheers for that.
Not that it's been a great help, threw up a place I 'discovered' this afternoon, after driving past it for years, as having supplies, they didn't about 2 pm, phoned another in Croydon, no LPG.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:12 pm 
Intermediate Member

roggy roo wrote:
Not that it's been a great help, threw up a place I 'discovered' this afternoon, after driving past it for years, as having supplies, they didn't about 2 pm, phoned another in Croydon, no LPG.

Theres an Android app available as well if that helps - same site, same data etc. Hopefully with the weather starting to get warmer the demand should drop. As long as the price does as well! (its not just Kent seeing prices of 79.9)

Theres only one station near me showing anything - and thats 15 miles in the wrong direction for me and possibly not even right.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:06 pm 

roggy roo wrote:

Shell Earlswood have got a couple of days gas left, beware they have the new style filler guns though with the huge bolt that fouls everyway I try to connect it :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:59 pm 
Intermediate Member

DodgeRover wrote:
roggy roo wrote:

Shell Earlswood have got a couple of days gas left, beware they have the new style filler guns though with the huge bolt that fouls everyway I try to connect it :(

Just had the last of what they had at Bourne end on the A41 today - no delivery expected until next week either. Guy in front of me also had gas, from what he said he finds most stations just laugh at the idea of having any gas at all when you phone them now.

Of course the failing point as such of the filllpg app is that it relys on someone entering a price/flagging as unavailable so its always going to be the case that some are not correct in the app, but given the way the supply is at the present time its better than nothing!