LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: leonardo 175 programming
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:41 pm 

Hi I have just fitted my first lpg front end kit (all my others were fitted by pros) it's a leonardo 175 all the wires have been soldered in and the thing actualy run's wow ! mainly because of the help from the forum members thanks chaps, it,s fitted to a s reg 3.9 discovery I have the software and lead to set up the system and to a point have got it working well-ish I think the mixer is the wrong size as the it "runs rich for too long" acording to the software! or have i set the thing up wrong what TPS sensor setting do i use ( I used 0-5v ) are the lambdas 0-1v standard sqare wave ? the actuator default is at 245 , how do i re set that just playing at it realy any advise welcome thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:43 pm 

PS where can I get a vaperiser temp sensor for a omvl r90?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:17 pm 
Advanced Member

dizzyd wrote:
PS where can I get a vaperiser temp sensor for a omvl r90?
Why? Nobody ever fits one even though the option is there. It's only really needed if the ambient temperature gets down to -20 degrees which it won''t unless you live in the Arctic.

0-5v is correct for the TPS but your standard lambda sensors could be either 5-0v or 0-1v. The only sure fire way to tell is by checking the VIN number against the LR parts book (which I have). I suspect you may have the wrong setting. A 5-0v shows 5 volts if lean and 0 volts if rich, a 0-1v shows 0v if lean and 1v if rich. Get the wrong setting and it adjusts in the opposite way to how it should. For example, if you have a 5-0v sensor and the mixture is rich, you'll get 0v coming out. If you have told the Leo that it has a 0-1v sensor, it will see 0v as weak and richen the mixture even further. The default is set by the Leo, it works out what the correct average stepper opening is and sets that as the default. You can manually adjust the starting position by going into the settings and setting the default lock. Put whatever number you want in the box, hit enter and then untick default lock. That will have moved the default but, it will then learn where it wants to be.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:53 pm 

so landrover used o-1v and 0-5v lambdas I was working on my p reg v8 that has 0-1v o2 sensors thank's will look into that! not sure about the mixer though looks a bit gerybuilt to me think i may get a new one can you recomend one for me thanks dave.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:05 pm 
Advanced Member

Items 7 and 8 here http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/acatalog/Mi ... stems.html

Yes, the 5-0v Titania sensors do not need an air hole like the 0-1v Zirconia ones do so is more suitable for wading. There is a mixture and I am not sure what they used in the Disco. The Range Rover Classic with the 14CUX engine uses either depending on year and this is the same engine used in the Disco 1. The later Disco uses the same Thor engine as in the 99 onwards P38 which uses 0-1v but the earlier GEMS engine uses 5-0v. As I say, the only way to tell for sure is from the VIN and the Land Rover parts book.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:40 pm 

Going to look at the vi no when i get a chance thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:17 pm 
Intermediate Member

It's a 0-1 V sensor on the Disco, but not the conventional zirconia type that generates its own voltage output. Hence it is more suited to wading. It's a resistive sensor, fed from the heater circuit to effectively give a voltage output of between 0 and 1 volt.

HUGE amount of information [url]http://www.g33.co.uk/fuel_injection.htm]here.[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:42 pm 

got it all i had to do was change to numbers to open up the stepper motor so put in 255 below default in both boxes and the lambdas danced from green to red and back again and the stepper followed to adjust mixture simples! (had to play with it though) :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:57 pm 
Advanced Member

As long as the lock default box isn't ticked, it will learn where the average setting should be. Once it has done that, reduce the limits down to something sensible, say +-30.

This is how it should look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6sGp2I9lts Leo and OMVL R90E in my 4.0 litre P38.