LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:58 am 

Hi all.
the rear suspension on my daily driver is going ..... you know Citroen rear suspensions .....

The car is a silver 2 door xsara coupe
the engine is the 1.6 16V 110bhp.
It has been running on LPG since about 70k miles .... it now has 162K miles.....no problems, still does 600 miles with 80L of LPG.

there are some dents and scratches but the car works fine (cambelt, starter, alternator, water pump, etc, all done recently, long extensive maintenance logbook)

I will take £400 quid if anybody wants it ...... MOT last untill April next year

If not, my questions is, does anybody want the LPG kit or the 100L tank ?
is it worth removing it ?

If I end up scrapping the car, do I need to remove the LPG tank before doing so ?

If I end up getting my other car on LPG, can I reuse the tank, or tanks have some sort of expiry date ?

Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:41 pm 
Intermediate Member

its posible to reuse the tank provided it will fit. Theres supposed to be a test done once it reaches 10 years old.

Externally mounted tanks are obviously more exposed to potential damage, internal less so (I'm guessing with the capacity listed that yours is a cylinder tank).

On the disposal route it needs removing, but depends where its going to as to if you need to remove it, or if the ATF will deal with it for you (may not be free to do so you will need to enquire beforehand). Probably more sensible to remove it and sell/reuse it if its in a good state. Worth asking an installer if your looking at a conversion as if the tank is suitable for reuse it should reduce some of the cost.