LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:40 pm 

Just hoping someone could kindly help me. I've just upgraded my Zavoli ECU to a newer version such that I can add a fraction of petrol above a certain rpm. My older Zavoli ECU wouldn't allow me to do this. The new ECU (AEB5678D) is 2009 manufactured and the older unit was 2002. The problem I'm having is the gas switch beeps and flashes yellow and shows an error in the Zavoli software. Do I need to upgrade the switch in order for the newer ECU to work ? Or is it something to do with that tank solenoid? I've reinstalled the older ECU and it's working fine. I'd really appreciate any help with this thanks. My guess is that the old switch isn't compatible with the newer ECU. When I've searched for a new switch for an AEB they look different to the one I have already. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:11 am 
Installer

Assuming the error message is about the switch..(?)
Also assuming you have the old chunky rectangular switch(?) I'm a bit surprised a D suffix ECU doesn't work with it but, yes, if you're getting an error pointing to the switch it may be best to swap to the newer type smaller squarer AEB119 switch which isn't expensive. It may be possible to change firmware to a version that won't mind the old switch but I wouldn't advise that.

Why do you mention tank solenoids? Does the error message mention the switch or a solenoid? If it mentions tank solenoids check software for a setting 'tank solenoid with dedicated wire' and untick the box. If that doesn't work try unticking the 'enable diagnostics' box in the errors screen.

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:44 pm 

Thanks for the reply. The error message showing in the zavoli software is a yellow exclamation mark next to the petrol symbol were you can select to change from gas to petrol. I suppose this relates to a switch error and not the tank solenoid. What happens is when I start the car a few seconds later the switch beeps and the yellow LED flashes. It won't allow me to change onto gas both using the switch or the software.

That is correct I do have the old clunky rectangular switch. I will buy the new style aeb119b switch and try that. Will it be simply a matter of unplugging the Old switch and plugging in the new switch? Or will the wiring be different from the harness? Thanks again for your help.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:40 am 
Installer

The exclamation mark on the switch symbol appears to report the presence of any type of on board diagnostic error, not just if there's a switch problem. To see what the error is you need to look in a screen titled something like 'injectors check' or 'diagnostics'. The error might not be related to the switch.

AEB750/AEB750B and AEB119B switches do use a different plug but TinleyTech sells an adaptor. If you had a spare new style plug you could just cut the old plug off and connect the wires, only 4 wires just match them colour for colour.

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon