LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: Petrol Injector faulty
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:06 pm 

Have looked on VCDS(diagnostic software) on my VW T4 2.5 and its showing a faulty injector. It runs on 4 cylinders until it flicks over onto gas, then it runs fine.
My problem is replacing the petrol injector is a pig of a job and probably best left to someone who knows more about it than I do! As it will be costly and I have not got a lot of pennies at the moment(think big vet bill and re-wiring of house electrics).
My question is, Being as it runs fine on gas, will it be ok to run it like this with a view to getting the petrol injector replaced when I have the funds?
Don't want to knacker anything, the LPG system is healthy and was serviced last year.
Any advice appreciated...

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:21 pm 
Intermediate Member

Any idea what the wording of the error detected actually is? Bear in mind that the injector wiring would have been cut as part of the lpg install, then joined via the lpg ecu. Its possible that the wiring has become disconnected causing your error and may not actually be a faulty injector?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:17 am 
Installer

Agreed with Bri...
For now, Sean, pull the plugs from the effected petrol injector and use a multimeter to read the resistance across the 2 pins on the injector, you may want to check at least one other injector too as a comparison, you should read around 15ohms. The only way the petrol ECU can say for certain that you have a duff injector is if it reads incorrect resistance across the injector, if resistance checks OK but the injector doesn't work you get a misfire code not a duff injector code. If resistance is OK and you get a duff injector code it points to LPG system wiring or ECU.

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon