LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:08 pm 

Hi folks haven't been on for a while still trying to get my X5 LPG conversion perfect,LPGtech system,artic reducer,omvl injectors, thankfully its a second vehicle so hasn't seen much use this last year,the issue i have is one of many troublesome problems on this conversion but this is the most annoying especially on a hot day.

It looks like i have used the wrong radiator hoses to supply heat to the reducer,works fine when my temp dial is full up inside the car when i turn the heater temp to cold the lpg temp is too low and i have to turn the temp back up in the car.

What would be the best hoses to use to supply the reducer on these BMW X5's M54 ENGINE.I used the top right and bottom right,also tried swapping them around with no luck.......

Also another annoying problem is i have a constant EML light on with burning fail on multiple cylinders,cyl 1 and cyl 5,seems to come and go no idea when it will kick off again once reset sometimes its great for 50+ miles then bam EML again,i've replaced the following trying to diagnose

COILS
2 PRECAT LAMBDAS
NEW PLUGS
CHECK FOR AIR INTAKE LEAKS
TESTED MAF
CHECKED DISA VALVE

Not tested yet
fuel rail pressure
fuel filter

no luck i'm starting to wonder if this is a fuel trim issue due to the lpg upsetting the fuel trims car throws the EML codes on or off LPG doesen't matter even with the LPG totally disabled still the same then bam i'll start it up and it will drive fine for a few days...........really annoying may be a dealer only fix i'm worried.......any help would be great guys.......i've posted a few diagnostics maybe someone could help with interpretation.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:38 am 
Installer

The latest of several threads by you on the subject of problems with your self converted BMW X5 mate!

Reckon somewhere in those threads I will have mentioned that there won't be a problem with type of your coolant pipe, the problem will be with where you have plumbed those pipes to.

Most of your other problems will be due to incorrect setup and calibration.

There may be other problems on the vehicle too which are not due to the LPG system, maybe a lambda probe, maybe wheel speed sensors.

Did you wire the LPGTech ECU to the vehicle OBD port? Some of the faults might only occur when something is connected to the OBD port if connecting to the OBD port interferes with the canbus. Even plugging a code reader into the OBD port can interfere with e.g. the radio working properly... It is possible to cause some types of fault just by checking for them!

May be time to bring it in.

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:32 pm 

Post some oscilloscope from driving on petrol and lpg
Also photos where did you connect pipe for reducer.
Got same engine and LpgTech, no problems.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:12 pm 
Installer

This thread might become entertaining.

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon