LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:05 pm 

hiya, i have purchased and rebuilt engine on my astra g with the koltec gsi lpg system on, I have a 1.6 z16se 2001 with the lpg on and have 2 empty plugs and need to know where they go, I cant see anything for them to go into, one is 8 pin and 1 is 10 pin but the gas system will not switch with code 12 and 22 now engine rotation and low tps signal and I think its because something is missing out of these plugs. if any1 has 1 or knows the system to take a picture or explain what goes into it or to trace the missing wiring so I can make it up that would be great. If I activate the relay I've got gas right up to the injectors I would be very gratefull. I cannot find a schematic on the net that matches the system to make th wiring up myself. This is the plugs
Many thanks if any1 can help

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:30 pm 
Intermediate Member

Can't suggest a lot, but code 12 you can ignore. There should be a cut through on the engine loom for TPS - both this and the rpm signal tap should trace to somewhere in the loom, so start with finding the connection to each and tracing where it actually goes.

Theres a good chance that the plugs are just from the loom themselves - It might be useful to check what the wire colours in the back of those plugs are if you can't find any other info - PJPJ had a load of info on the site linked in his signature, but I can't get it to load at present properly - its worth a look here if its working again (theres some schematics there from what i remember, the EGI ones aren't particually helpful, the GSI ones slightly better).

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.joyce53/bin/LPG/Vauxhall%20Koltec%20Necam%20System.html

Based on what i can see from the pictures I'd suspect one of those is the injector cut circuit as well (there isn't that many wires in the system to start with - 18 would sound like most of them to me) - Have you swapped the engine complete with the loom, or removed your engine and done repairs to it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:22 pm 

Hiya Brian_h thanks for your reply. I get the code 12 even with engine running that's why I suspect an rpm or cam signal. I've been trying to get that page to load for over a week now, I fear it's gone. I've just rebuilt the head and put a new set of rings on so only disconnected the nessesary and all gone back in same place. I bought the car needing the work done but don't know if the engines been changed or not.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:53 pm 
Intermediate Member

Code 12 is normal ignore it. The other one is going to be your problem. I've got that page saved I'll try and dig it out for you tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:33 pm 

I dont think these are 'cut into the loom'.
Was this LPG from new?
Is it logging a fault in petrol OBD?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:24 pm 
Intermediate Member

Brian_H wrote:
Code 12 is normal ignore it. The other one is going to be your problem. I've got that page saved I'll try and dig it out for you tomorrow.

Found the file i was looking for with the codes in - its 2b4f58d84237d173_gsifailurecodes from that link i've sent to you via pm.

Code 12 is a start of codes signal - not an error code (you may be looking at the EGI codes rather than GSI)

Code 22 is your relevent one - the tps signal. The EGI system intercepts this so I'd have a look at the connections there and see if anythings amiss there first.

Has it ever worked on lpg in the time you've had it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:29 pm 

thanks for the info and the links, I'm gonna have a look through and see if theres anything that can help me, the gas has never worked, well say never I only got it 2 month ago and was just parked up for 5 weeks while I did the rings and the head but previous owner reakoned they used to use it before it was stood a while but you never know.