Thinking about it, the M27 incident was a bit longer ago, near enough 30 years no. A plane over-shot the runway at Eastleigh Airport and dropped onto the M27 between the airport and the Transit plant (as was) one morning.
As for the Leo/Lambda problem - the plot thickens!
New front Lambda fitted and working but rear Lambda still showing between 0.46 and 0.5V, even after changing the engine management ECU to eliminate that as a possible cause, fitting another Leo from the Jeep (that didn't work because of some wiring anomaly it seems), a spare Leo that worked and the Millenium that wouldn't work on the Jeep but works fine on the coupé except they all show the same voltage on the Lambda sensor.
Having already proved it isn't the cars ECU putting the voltage on it, i disconnected the rear Lambda at the OE connection and measured the voltage - varied between just under 0.2 - 0.378V so it seems the Lambda is at least giving an output that varies with mixture.
Reconnecting the Lambda saw the voltage shoot up to the 0.46 - 0.5V and there it stayed, even with the engine off. In fact, the only way to get rid of that voltage on any of the LPG ECUs was to remove the two fuses from the supply and refit them and it stayed at 0V until i switched the ignition on.
The purple wire is loomed into a 4-core loom from the Leo (mounted centrally on the bulkhead) which runs to the drivers side suspension turret where i've picked up the injector cut, TPS and Lambda signals.
The TPS signal is ok and the injector cut (yellow wires) works fine so in (not quite) desperation, i cut the purple wire about halfway along and checked the voltages on each end. The car end/Lambda was showing 0.2 - 0.378V and the Leo end was showing.............
.......... you've guessed it! 0.46 - 0.5V.
My next step is going to be to check that wiring, it shouldn't have got hot enough to cause a problem on the insulation but maybe that's the problem. However, with the ignition off, the voltage wouldn't be present even if the injector feed had melted into the Lambda feed and in any case, that would be battery voltage.
I don't believe three separate Leos would exhibit the same fault, i've checked the plug to make sure the grey wire isn't shorting to the purple one and causing this although there's a possibility (albeit slight) that the grey wire has melted into the purple one inside the loom.
All that being said, there's no sign of heat damage on the insulation tape i used to loom it all up.
I'll get to the bottom of it one way or t'other and maybe even the wiring anomaly on the Jeeps Leo install, whatever it may be! Meanwhile the Jeep works fine on its own Leo but that won't work in the coupé and those that work in the coupé won't work in the Jeep. Strange but true!
Somewhere in Suffolk with a Jeep, 2 Rovers and a V6 Volvo