LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:44 pm 

Hi there
Got a OMVL REG MATIC MILLENIUM and just got a new mixer ring and new spark plugs. Wondering if there was anyone in the local area to nantwich (CW5) who could tune it for me.
Cheers
Jonathan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:43 pm 
Advanced Member

As the Millenium (never heard it referred to as a Reg-Matic before) is a lambda feedback controller, it won't need anything doing to it if all you are doing is changing spark plugs. If you change the mixer (why?), then it might still be within the adjustment range of the Millenium so you won't need to do anything or it may need the vaporiser bias adjusting. It's pretty simple to do yourself and Simon's website here http://www.diy-lpg.co.uk/articles/files ... -loop.html tells you how to do it (the Millenium is a rebadged AEB Leonardo anyway so yours is identical).

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:16 am 

Is the millenium definately a Lambda feedback sensor? For some reason I thought they could get info from either your speed or rev counter. Time to check weather I have a Lambda or not!!!

Basically there was some sort of blowback/backfire that blew the mixer ring off the thread (and did a bit of damage to the air box) and ruined the thread too. The new mixer is of similar size to the old one. Not sure what the spark plugs were before but have been told if the old ones weren't LPG special ones, then the new LPG spark plugs will burn the fuel better so the system needs to be tuned accordingly. But like you say, if I have a Lambda then all is okay, isn't it?

Also thinking of getting some sort of ignition advance module.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:17 am 
Advanced Member

The Millenium takes an input from your lambda sensor to adjust the fuelling, the ignition coil to confirm that the engine is running (it's a fail safe so if the engine stops the gas is shut off) and the throttle position sensor to allow you to set fuel shutoff on the overrun and a fixed, richer, mixture on full throttle. You should have an electrically operated valve in the hose between the vaporiser and mixer. If you've got a manual power valve, then somebody has taken it off and you are using the Millenium purely as a switch.

Normal plugs are fine if you close the gap up a bit but they only last about 10,000 miles at best. I prefer NGK Iridium ones and they may be cheaper than the 'special' LPG ones. As long as the plugs and leads are in good condition, you shouldn't have a problem irrespective of what sort you use. Looking at your other post I notice that the backfire happened after a cold start. I had exactly the same on my Range Rover but that was down to it being a bit damp, the plugs had about reached their sell by date and it didn't quite catch on all cylinders immediately. As the last one woke up, bang and the mixer was blown off!

If the mixer you are fitting is the same size as the old one, it shouldn't need adjusting, the Millenium will be capable of any fine tuning that may be required. As long as it has the stepper valve that is.....

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:25 am 

Bit of an old thread now but for future folks browsing =
I would nominate Flintshire Auto Gas in the Chester area =
Flintshire Autogas Services Ltd,
Unit 7a,
Broughton Mills Road,
Bretton,
Chester
Telephone :01244 66 11 64

Website = www dot flintshireautogas dot CO dot UK
(you know what I mean by "dot" don't you)

No relation to me other than as a satisfied customer