LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:16 pm 

Cool. You use it for anything like weddings or anything? Iv used 1 of those although I think it was an actual shadow 2 as it was a 78 for weddings quite a bit. A lot better than the 2005 or so phantoms they came out with...they seem to have no character to them

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:26 pm 

In theory I can use her for weddings, but with so much to do on her I've left that out for now. When I do I charge £150 for the full day, of which £50 is donated to the Rotherham Hospice Charity in the names of the bride and groom. That leaves me with £100 to cover fuel, insurance, wear & tear and a few bob for myself.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:29 pm 

cant fault you. i keep thinking about offering my camaro for things but having delt with vosa on numerous occasions before in my old job i dont fancy all the hassle with permits and stuff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:37 pm 

As a hobby there's no requirement to approach vosa about it. I believe it depends on the number of weddings or other functions you do in a year. I forget the limit, but your insurer will be happy to let you know. The first year (2010) I put it on my insurance I paid not much over £200 fully comprehensive with an agreed, guaranteed vehicle valuation of £11K including Continental cover as well as breakdown cover here and throughout the EU. As implied that was for around 12 uses, but I don't recall exactly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:42 pm 

hmm could be worth a look then. as far as im aware you dont need any kind of licence to do weddings, or depends how you word it you can just get away with it at proms etc to say that the customer is paying for the car to make an appearance and not the ride in the car as thats classed as transporting so then you need a taxi style licence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:07 pm 

Until fairly recently you couldn't even ask for a 'contribution' towards fuel costs when giving someone a lift no matter how far you took them. Fortunately the government saw some sense and allowed it. I've often given people lifts to the coast and back as it's more convenient and cheaper than the coach or rail fare. I often took the BIL to Ingoldmells with his mobility scooter, but these days he prefers to hire one locally when he gets there. However I've now got a dedicate trailer for my own scooter which his larger one will still fit in. Perhaps he'll reconsider the situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:32 pm 

you never know.
yep the government can be a real pain for someone just wanting to make a few quid and be legal about it too. its almost impossible, you either have to be almost 100% just that 1 thing or have a normal employed job and do nothing else.
pain in the arse