LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: LeedsLPG
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:09 pm 
Installer

I think what a lot of the polish installers do is bring in kits in the back of a van or car or whatever. Obviously if you dont pay any import tax, vat etc then you can do pretty well with cheap installs. But unfortunately it isnt a level playing field for all installers. So we will probably end up going by the by in the end because people like cheap after all.
But please don't for a second think I'm slating the polish, because I'm not. If there was a country that i could go over and work in for 6 months of the year and support my family back home, have a house over there and have 6 months holiday i would as well. More power to them...Sounds like a good option if im honest.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:03 pm 
Advanced Member

ADAM786 wrote:
LPG has been around for years in Poland well before here in the UK they are well ahead of they game.
I admit it's common but I am suspicious of the standard of installs over there. Otherwise why are you not allowed to fill yourself, must have bonnet and boot wide open while filling and they put cones all around your car so nobody else can get too close?

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

Gilbertd wrote:
ADAM786 wrote:
]I admit it's common but I am suspicious of the standard of installs over there. Otherwise why are you not allowed to fill yourself, must have bonnet and boot wide open while filling and they put cones all around your car so nobody else can get too close?

eh? is that what they have to do?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:44 pm 
Advanced Member

Certainly do, the same in Belarus and Russia too. You aren't allowed to fill up yourself, you pull up to the pump and somebody will come out to fill up for you. They won't start the pump until you have opened the bonnet and boot fully (presumably to allow the leakage to disperse in the breeze) and they'll put cones around your car too. In fact, at a BP Wild Bean Cafe in Poland (I found it quite amusing that it was still called a Wild Bean Cafe in Poland), they sent me into the shop while they filled my car, wouldn't even let me stand there to stop anyone nicking anything out of the boot!

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:45 am 

Gilbertd wrote:
Certainly do, the same in Belarus and Russia too. You aren't allowed to fill up yourself, you pull up to the pump and somebody will come out to fill up for you. They won't start the pump until you have opened the bonnet and boot fully (presumably to allow the leakage to disperse in the breeze) and they'll put cones around your car too. In fact, at a BP Wild Bean Cafe in Poland (I found it quite amusing that it was still called a Wild Bean Cafe in Poland), they sent me into the shop while they filled my car, wouldn't even let me stand there to stop anyone nicking anything out of the boot!

I wouldn't fancy a job as a petrol pump attendant in Poland then, sounds a bit like a bomb disposal expert in the army!!