LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:12 pm 

Hi there everyone!

Just to let you guys know about this fantastic guy who came and fixed my lpg vauxhall astra!

I have had my astra for about four months now and a few months back it developed a problem on the petrol side which meant it started to run with a popping sound in the exhaust. The engine management light came on and every time I drove it over 30 miles per hour the light started flashing. I was told that this could potentially damage the cat converter. The engine misfired too.

On gas however, it was fine. No problems, light still on but didn't flash. Fine I thought. I'll get the petrol side looked at. Local mechanic fixed the misfire by replacing one of the cyclinders and changing the coil pack. However the light wouldn't go out and it still ran rough on petrol.

I decided to live with this problem for a while as I was mostly running on gas anyway. However, all of a sudden the car started to develop a fault on the gas side too! A flat spot on acceleration developed every time I changed gear as soon as the revs dropped.

So after months of searching I came across this guy (thanks to pjpj). First of all he came right on time despite the cold chilly weather and not only that he came all the way from Shropshire to Bristol! Fixed the fault on the petrol side and this along with a filter change seems to have totally cleared everything on the lpg side too! I feel that £150 all in was a fair price! He even gave some recommendations for things that I will need to sort out to keep it running in tip top condition!

Great job and would recommend him to you all, especially as Vauxhall have all but washed their hands of the lpg models.

Dougal 12

Check out his website, he doesn't just fix Vauxhalls but he will fix them especially as most other people don't seem to be interested.

http://www.mobileautomotivesandlpg.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:46 pm 
Advanced Member

Edward pops up on here every so often (probably when he gets the odd break from driving from one end of the country to the other) as MobileLPG and has had a number of recommendations from others that have used him. He's even documented a conversion on one of his own cars that many would say couldn't be done see viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10413

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:09 am 

Is this guy still in business?

The land line quoted on his website is unobtainable, the mobile always goes to answer-phone and he never calls back, and he does not respond to email enquiries.

???

EDIT

I have had a reply from Edward and have booked an appointment so I have answered my own question.

.....erm is not an answer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:24 pm 

Hi,

Can I apologise for any time taken to reply to any emails/calls.
I have a policy of never taking calls while working so only concentrate on the car I am working on, the downside to this is that I sometimes struggle to get finished at a reasonable time to call people back, I do get there in the end though so apologies for the delay.

As for the phone line, I shall update my website now, I recently moved address and good old Virgin Media promised they could transfer my line to my new address, and then at the last second decided they couldn't!

Edward.

2006 Ford Transit connect LPG.
'56 VW Caddy Diesel