LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:52 pm 

Can I recommend a lpg mechanic I used to repair my Landi Renzo system.
He keeps his charges low by working out of his fully equipped large garage workshop, situated at the back of his home.
Recently he spent over an hour repairing a vapouriser fault on my system,including using the Computer Management Programme on his laptop, to 'tune' up the system. Total cost?? Just £50. I was very happy with the quality of his repair.
Just 2 things-
You need to phone him on his mobile number (shown below) in advance, to arrange a time/date for an appointment, as he gets fairly busy.
His garage and workshop, is located at the rear of his house, and can only be reached by driving along a narrow side alleyway, which has a medium height ceiling, so it's not really suitable for a vehicle which is either extra wide, or has a high top.
His location is only 5 minutes from the Motorway and easily reached via the M74.- is South of Glasgow.
Details are :
"Dougie"
122, Main Street,
Chryston,
GLASGOW, G69 9LD. Phone: (Mobile) 07973 207 213

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:58 pm 

Does he also service various systems?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:10 pm 

When I had my car with him, I can say that he had a large workshop filled with equipment and spares, for most systems, plus I did see his laptop and it had a huge number of diagnostic programmes on it, again for most systems.
The best way to find out is to give him a quick call on his number shown above-
I think he does most European systems, but I don't know about the more obscure ones. Good Luck!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:23 am 

I have a BRC system fitted, not that obscure I think :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:52 am 

Hi just tried him but hes busy until next week. I am looking to get my brc sorted after leaving wales to attend my brothers funeral. after 200 miles motorway driving car started playing up cutting out after 20miles, and i mean 20 miles not 19 or 21. for the rest of the 400 miles.
this is the first time i have had any big problems with the system.
anyone in the kirkintilloch area or surrounding area that can help or point me in right direction to get it sorted. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:49 pm 

Does anyone know if Dougie is still repairing LPG systems?

Cheers john

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

john-v6 wrote:
Does anyone know if Dougie is still repairing LPG systems?

Cheers john

where are you and what system have you got?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:59 pm 

Have just bought a Volvo v70 t5, with a prins system fitted. Just wanted to get it all checked over, make sure everything is ok. I'm in the east end of Glasgow.

Cheers john

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:12 am 
Intermediate Member

Have you tried ringing the number?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:47 am 
Site Admin

maybe you consider it a bit to far just for a check-up but he's 1 of only 3 approved prins installers up here

Niall Seddon
autogas@tiscali.co.uk

Unit 3, Phoenix Ind. Est.
Kerse Road
Stirling
Scotland
FK7 7SG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:19 pm 

john_d wrote:
maybe you consider it a bit to far just for a check-up but he's 1 of only 3 approved prins installers up here

Niall Seddon
autogas@tiscali.co.uk

Unit 3, Phoenix Ind. Est.
Kerse Road
Stirling
Scotland
FK7 7SG

Thanks for the info, Stirling is only just up the road, will give him a bell. Take it guys on here have had good experiences with him?

Cheers john

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:35 pm 

I HAVE A MERCEDES 240E I GOT CONVERTED TO LPG 7 YEAR AGO AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH UNTILL YESTERDAY .I LOOKED IN HERE AND FOUND A MAN WITH THE NAME DOUGIE. I PHONED HIM AND HE TOLD ME TO BRING IT OUT TODAY HE WAS AT IT FOR HOURS LOOKING FOR THE FAULT AND IN THE END IT WAS THE ECU .WITH A BIT OF LUCK HE HAD ONE PUT IT IN AND OFF IT WENT :lol: .I WILL NOT SAY WHAT I PAYED BUT IT WAS HALF THE COST I WOULD HAVE BEEN AT SOME OTHER PLACES THANKS DOUGIE YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER AND HE IS A GREAT GUY TO GET ON WITH TOMMY :lol: :lol: :lol: ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:25 am 

Just to let you know Dougie is still on the go but he is now
at 28 Deersdyke View Westfield Cumbernauld mobile no. 07973207213
and with the workshop he now has I would say he is a recognized lpg
installer I am just back from his place and I must say I was happy with
the cost
Allan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:29 pm 
Installer

hehe, I read Wakefield instead of Westfield in your other post!

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:51 am 

i had my BRC system installed by Dougie (aka Martin Motors) a few years ago, and felt he was a bit haphazard. i had numeorus issues with poor running for several months and had to take repeated trips back to him for it to be looked at. And one of the lpg fuel lines was being dangerously cut into by sharp bodywork from a hole that was needed in the boot floor for it to reach the tank. Additionally water started leaking through the filler point into the boot some time after which was a pain. It felt as though once the job was done, he wasnt too bothered about any issues. Needless to say i didnt bother going back to him for anything. I ended up going elsewhere they made some physical adjustments of components and looked at the tuning/mapping, which helped alot (not perfect though as i think some petrol components were letting the side down)

A friend went to him for a service which literaly took him a few mins and he didnt even check for any leaks. My mate was knowledgable enough about this and was right there just outside the garage, he then quizzed him on, and he started to make excuses.

My advice? Avoid. There was another in the installer in the Dumbarton somewhere and Clarksons in Ballieston although i dont know if the latter are still around as im sure they used to have a website.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:21 pm 

Totally agree with this criticism.He did a "service" on my car - took him 30 mins and all he did was replace a filter and fiddled about with his laptop analysing data. What my criticism is based on is the fact that the newly fitted filter actually cut through a pipe/ hose leading to heavy loss of gas. When I took it back to him he wanted to charge me again!

The best guy I know of in the Glasgow/Central Scotland area is based in Stirling, He no longer does full conversions for the simple reason is that he is too busy and makes more money from doing repairs/alterations to poorly fitted original conversions.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:06 am 

Yes I'm afraid that I would also agree. He did some remediable work on my BRC system (which I think required a new solenoid due a prolonged period of non-use). I asked him to re-route the Flashlube pipework which had been installed incorrectly (by another Glasgow area fitter). He did all this but failed to notice that the lube pump wasn't working. Some weeks later when I noticed lube level not decreasing, I returned. He said the pump had failed and recommended a replacement at considerable cost. New one was fitted but problem persisted (ie lube level not falling). I discovered that float switch in bottle had only one wire attached rendering it non-functional (open circuit disables pump). He obviously didn't know this and I suspect the original pump was fine.

Not going back.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:34 pm 

I've just bought back my Audi S4 whih was converted by Martins Motors, pretty sure it was Dougie - 110,000 miles ago. LPG system has never missed a beat.