LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:08 pm 
Installer

I only did a few LPG repairs last week, but I did convert a couple of cars to LPG including this Honda Civic with the fairly high revving 1.8 VVTI engine. The owner asked me if I'd be posting this on the forum, so here it is.

I fitted KME Nevo, single MJ injectors, KME silver reducer, Vlube with JLM 4 branch valve lube system, filler hidden behind the petrol flap. Tank is toroidal 51L toroidal - these vehicles have a shallow spare wheel storage space and come with a space-saver spare wheel but I could have fitted a wide range of tanks (some bigger some smaller), the owner decided on this tank's compromise between tank capacity and intrusion into the luggage area, this tank is 6cm taller than the space saver spare wheel.

Engine bay

Tank

Filler

Switch

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:02 pm 
Advanced Member

Simon, you're going to have to start before and after pictures. Other than what I think is probably the Vlube reservoir, I can't see anything I recognise as part of an LPG install......

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:45 pm 
Installer

Hehe Gilbert, I'll take that as a thumbs up, cheers.

I don't really strive to hide bits, just to keep the install tidy, prefer to err on the side of technical correctness rather even than neatness.

You can make out the injectors in the pics, the reducer is low down near the firewall behind the air filter housing, the ECU is to the right of the reducer (looking from the front of the car) and behind the reducer between the firewall and the nearside suspension tower.. I'd be hard pressed to take a pic of the ECU even with the wiper panel and air filter off, it's kind of sandwiched in a hard to see position.

The current car I'm converting is a Seat Ibiza 1.4, the kind if thing I wouldn't normally bother taking pics of. I will post pics on this occasion but no need to take any before pics on this one because all the parts will be clearly visible... I promise ;-)

I mentioned to you a while back about another Honda Civic that I was supposed to be converting. The owner might have been expecting a certain type of premises and I don't have that type of premises... He asked if I could show pics of other vehicles I'd converted but I didn't take any pics at that time so couldn't show him any. The owner of that car then decided not to have me convert his vehicle... Probably the reason I now take pics... But I think the owner of that car didn't do himself any favours, even though his car was a more sporty version than this one I could have converted it and got excellent results a piece of p*** , results that would have been difficult to better by another installer. I suppose I didn't do myself any favours either, because when he asked what components I'd be fitting and where I'd be fitting them I said 'I'll have a good look around it first then decide on what bits to fit and where to fit them'. Probably an answer that people who know my reputation would be OK with, except I don't think that customer was aware of my reputation. This happened just a few years back, when even at that time I had been sorting even newly fitted installs that the original installer and other installers hadn't managed to get right, even then people had been coming to me from all corners of the country to have installs sorted for a good few years.

The girlfriend keeps telling me my head will explode in a bit writing stuff like this, I tell her it's part of getting the message across :lol:

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon