LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:27 pm 

:evil: Having had my and my wifes cars converted to lpg in fairly quick succession. I have introduced problems to what were perfectly good and reliable cars. Problems that the installer and the manufacterer could not fix or fix properly. Arguments between the installer and the manufacterer as to what course of action is needed to solve the issues and who was responsible for the warranty. There seems to be inherant problems with either the system or the way they were installed or both, as both systems developed similar issues. Meanwhile myself and other customers are caught up in all this. Then to add insult to injury i eventually found out that the installer closed the business, moves premises, opens up another under a similar name doing very much the same sort of work in order to avoid warranties (although he denies this is the reason, but it is so obvious) and then tries to convince me he is doing me a favour by tweeking here and there but NEVER SOLVING THE PROBLEMS.
The whole experience has been costly, frustrating, and inconvenient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:38 pm 
Advanced Member

You'd have done better by posting this in the General Discussion forum rather than LPG News. What I will say though is without details of the model of the cars, the gas systems fitted and what the problems are that you are having, nobody will be able to offer anything. It may be that the cars are not suitable for conversion, the systems are not suitable for the cars, the installer has bodged the job or they just need setting up by someone that knows what they are doing. But a lot more info is needed first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:08 pm 

The vehicles in question are a Mazda 3 1.6 2006 and a renault megane 1.6 2007. The systems fitted are Egas. Both cut out during changeover in cold weather the mazda being the worse of the two. The injector is made of aluminium which can get very cold and in some vehicles it can be more exposed to the elements. I have fitted silver tipped LPG spark plugs which did improve it and have since taken the mazda to another installer. He says the he has had the same issues on some vehicles with this system. Egas he says will not admit there is a problem and they blame the installers. i have now had heaters fitted to the injectors and this works but it took a very long time and a lot of being messed about to get there. Obviously i no longer give any work to the original installer he was a complete waste of time i also developed a problem with the fuel gauge some time ago which the original installer could not fix- again constantly having to revisit him for him to tweek it here and there only for it to return (the second installer has fixed this).
Thanks for your reply.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:51 am 

im sure one of the Senior Members will know better then me.
But on my old car it would cut out when cold which was fould to be the way the water had been T off the heater water pipes.
when it was reworked so the water run from the engine though reducer and back to the heater pipe and not T/off all worked fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:05 pm 

Thanks for the advice. Yes the water pipe does T off. Next time i have a service i will ask him to look at it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:33 pm 

Do the vaporisers get hot? They should be too hot to touch within minutes of starting the engine.