LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:22 pm 
http://www.unece.org/trans/doc/2008/wp2 ... 01-12e.pdf

From 2011 of each LPG kit maker needs EC emissions testing on at least 2 cars of each vehicle/engine series they wish to supply it for. If your LPG kit supplier hasn't had the kit EC TYPE APPROVED for use on a particular vehicle series then you won't be able to supply or fit it. It will be impossible to get approval for cars in discontinued series as NEW cars must be supplied for testing. Without the LPG kit maker obtaining approval it's only worth an installer going it alone for fleet sales and they will need a high investment up front which few installers can do. It could be as industry dividing as powershift was, maybe 1 in 10 installers fitted powershift approved systems. But in this case all the others will have to shut up shop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:39 am 

Your topic subject line says PROPOSED, which would suggest that there's some sort of appeal or something that can be done to get it UNproposed or amended in some way - how do we go about that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:18 pm 
Intermediate Member

sorcerer wrote:
Your topic subject line says PROPOSED, which would suggest that there's some sort of appeal or something that can be done to get it UNproposed or amended in some way - how do we go about that?

Dunno about that, but so far all I've found is this page where the other documents are listed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:08 pm 
I have just read that the AEGPL withdrew this proposal (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2008/4) at the 3-6 June 2008 session of the UNECE.

See para VII at: http://www.unece.org/trans/doc/2008/wp2 ... PE-56e.pdf

I wonder if manufacturers of LPG Retrofit Kits lodged a protest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:46 pm 

Well Don, I looked at the linked document and didn't understand a word of it :shock: :oops:

However, thanks for pointing out that the proposal had been removed - good news for all of us, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:00 pm 

donb wrote:
I wonder if manufacturers of LPG Retrofit Kits lodged a protest?

I'm sure they did. Can you imagine the costs they'd have to bear? The kits would go up, the economics of retrofitting would be in the toilet and they'd end up going out of business.

What may have also had an impact is that the major manufacturers are all located in what the EU considers to be less affluent countries (specifically Italy) so the socio-economic impact on these regions would be much higher than in a major industrialised nation. I suspect some Eurocrat thought it was a good idea until they actually thought about it a bit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:04 am 
sounds like another how do I say this polightly anial brain hickup, eu does some good so they keep telling us but im yet to find out what